lundi 29 juillet 2013

How is Christianity (or Islam) ANY different from Scientology, Mormanism, etc.?

Aside from the obvious differences in philosophies :rolleyes:



The last couple months, as I take my required theology courses, I've been witness to a maddening tap dance around ********. How do otherwise rational, intelligent people believe this crap? I like some of these people, I really do, but they are in the same class as me, hearing the same stuff, and still believe? Are they merely acting? As the classes get more "advanced", as I go deeper down the rabbit hole, I'm having a hard time writing the papers necessary to pass these classes and get into the classes I'm actually going to school for.



So, take Christianity. Scholars know the Bible is all out of order. Jesus is sold as the last revelation--God ceases to reveal his Word to people once Jesus was born and crucified, because Jesus was the fulfillment of the Jewish prophesies. Great! But wait, here comes Saul. Saul is a Pharisee who tortured the early followers of Christ. And, while walking down the road in between tortures, Jesus came down revealed the truth to Saul (where have we heard this before?). The newly converted changed his name to Paul, stopped torturing, and started writing a bunch of letters. He never actually met the real Jesus and this occured about 3 years after Jesus' death. He used his social standing to spread the gospel and open churches.



Then Mark, who is not really Mark but an unknown author, wrote a version of the Gospel based off of Paul's letters and common Jesus stories of the day. This was around 70, about 40 years after Jesus' death. Taken in context, he also wrote as a message to his people to take hope and pray for a better day. In fact, most of the gospel of Mark can be taken as an allegorical story.



Then Matthew, who is not really Matthew wrote the next version. It's mostly based on Mark, but there's a bunch of new stuff, which scholars attributed to a hypothetical source, Q. Yes, Matthew didn't pull stuff out his ass, he MUST of had some secret source. This was written about a decade later.



Then Luke, who is equally not Luke, wrote another gospel another decade later. This has even more embellishments, but also uses Q and Mark.



These make up the synoptic gospels because they match. Yes, some random charismatic dude sees (hears?) god, writes down the message god gives him, and then convinces other people his message is the right one. Other random people write crap based off his crap and add their own crap three times--and this is proof of Jesus and Christianity.



Don't even get me started on John. *********** mushroom eater.



AND THEN, the writer of Luke (maybe) goes and writes Acts, that further embellishes the conversion of PSaul and provides further "proof".



I was thinking about posting this on a Christian forum, just to get an idea of why people believe this utter ********.



****! I have to get my paper written. Ever watch The Gospel According to St. Matthew, written and directed by a gay communist atheist? It's on Amazon Prime for free! I have to watch it a second time to finish my paper :mad: I have one more class, tomorrow in fact, and then I can start taking actual business courses.



Sorry, I really needed to rant. Rant over. TL;DR, religion is dumb.



P.S. Islam--an angel told me what to write :rolleyes: FFS, how are these religions even a thing?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263006&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire