vendredi 26 juillet 2013

"Monsanto is poisoning us"

I posted the Scientific American article "Can We Trust Monsanto With Our Food?" on my Facebook wall yesterday, simply because I feel that anti-GMO rhetoric has gotten completely out of hand. One of my friends conceded that there are indeed misconceptions about GMOs, but still insisted that Monsanto is slowly poisoning the population, and that 40% of Americans will have cancer in their lifetime.



He was pretty vague about the specific toxic and/or cancer causing agents, but another friend mentioned Roundup as something that's been "proven" to cause cancer in animals, but the only substantiating study that I could find (Seralini affair) was strongly criticized for small sample sizes, among other issues.



So, in short: is there any basis for my friend's claim, or is this just as irrational as GMO hysteria?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=262828&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire