jeudi 25 juillet 2013

Name this Logical Fallacy - An Ongoing Discussion Dedicated to Fallacies

I thought it might be fun to have an ongoing thread where we post examples of statements, often from other threads here, and discuss whether they are a fallacy, and if so what fallacy. This is an area I would like to improve at, I often recognize fallacious statements, but am not sure which fallacy they best represent.



I politely request that we use this thread to only discuss whether the statement itself is a fallacy, not the subject of the statement. With that said, I will start, this is a statement someone made to be before the verdict came though in the George Zimmerman trial. I recognized it as an obvious fallacy, but was not sure which one it best represented.




Quote:








A not guilty verdict would presume the jury thinks chasing a black kid down and shooting him is self-defense.





Argument by assertion? False dichotomy? Some other?



BTW, I could not really find a good forum to put this into so I put it here.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=262789&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire