mardi 30 juillet 2013

Protected titles

Notoriously, 'nutritionist' is not a protected title, at least in this country. Anyone who wants to call themselves 'nutritonist' can do so, and can then write columns in newspapers and magazines regarding nutrition, with predictable results. Similarly, anyone can call themselves 'doctor'. But not 'dietitian', or 'architect'. These titles are legally protected, as far as I can tell, meaning that you have to have particular qualifications and perhaps be registered with a particular organisation.



I have tried - without success - to find a list of all protected titles. Perhaps my Google-fu is weak, but all I come up with is either lists of such titles within a particular field, or lots of campaigns to get 'engineer' protected, as it is in some other countries because the word does not have the connotations in other languages.



Is there anywhere a list of what I may or may not call myself? It's not actually illegal (I assume) to call myself King Rat; but can I call myself Sir Rat? Are there legal repercussions if I describe myself as a barrister, or anaesthetist, or Sergeant Major Rat?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263058&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire