mardi 30 juillet 2013

Psychology, narcissism and GOD: True self vs False self

So I have had the misfortune of being reduced to a quivering mess by my ex. a level 83 covert narcissist wife.

I wont bore you with the sob story but I have been researching Narcissistic abuse syndrome, Narcissism and some psychological information... Mainly because I'm angry that it happened.



While doing so I stumbled across some principles in psychology (we are already close to hostile woo ground) In this concept it is theorized we have a True self and a False self(ego)

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_self_and_false_self



I don't have an opinion other then BOLLOCKS for this next part but I feel it may lead to an interesting discussion.

While going on my self help, investigatory research hunts. I have not found much discussing the true self concept without leading into "its purpose is to serve god and ego is to serve man". A lot of narcissistic abuse recovery seems to be filled with spiritual garbage(no offense) no evidence, not a viable option

I think what I would like to bring to attention is:

I am sure I have felt something close to a true self, almost unconditional love as well as what seemed to be healthy levels of self image, pride, empathy. All the hugs and cuddles. I'm no psychologist and personal experience is always colored with bias. And how can I even tell if they where healthy levels? Anyway I felt pretty good at the time. I would like opinions on the true self and false self concept. ego versus ... whatever the other thing is. Woo enabling mumbo jumbo?



I have been stripped of a lot of my personality as a result of the abuse. I'm left in a dysfunctional state and researching as much as I can to get better. I feel I have reached a dead end with this. I'm sure I will be fine though.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=263025&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire