vendredi 30 août 2013

Morality of biblical characters

I have searched all over for this but I have yet to see it discussed anywhere.....



I've seen many discussions on the morality (or lack of) of Yahweh. My question is why did this god reveal itself to the most reprehensible characters in the scriptures. I could start with the Moses character. Or bring up the King David story or the Mohammed character, or...... The one that sticks with me most is the Noah character in the Genesis myth.



To think there would be a human being alive that was told the world was about to be destroyed and made no attempt to save any other humans is unconscionable. I'm sure a 600 year old man had some kind of family other than the 3 sons, wife and 3 daughters-in-law. This monster made no attempt to save any relatives, friends, acquaintances, or anyone.



Given the situation, I'm curious if anyone reading this would do the same. If anyone can defend this action, I'd like to see what justification there could possibly be to defend such an action. I would also like to see other opinions on the immorality of characters in scriptures.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264552&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire