samedi 31 août 2013

Paroxysmal Attrial Fibrillation

I developed paroxysmal attrial fibrillation after a nervous breakdown 2 months ago.

I have been thoroughly checked out by a cardiologist and there is no underlying physical defects.

My uncle (at my age) and grandmother (in her 70's) also had AF so it seems it's genetic.

My uncle had an ablation and it solved his problem.

I am currently on a pill-in-pocket(200mg flecainide) approach with cardio-aspirin as an anticoagulant.

I get attacks about 2-3 times a week and then take flecainide which puts my heart back into sinus rhythm within 2 hours.

It gets triggered it seems by anxiety and exercise. But it is not always obvious.



It's really unpleasant being in AF, makes me very tired and is disrupting my whole life.

I am 43 with two kids 5 and 8 yrs old and 3 years into starting up my own company.

Lots of stress, travel, the need for long working hours and lots of time for my young family in between, is what I need to do.



I can't stop my new business venture now otherwise I will lose everything as its at a critical stage.

I thought I might be able to change my lifestyle and live with it but its not working.

I am starting to think ablation is the only way forward.

I would appreciate anybody with experience in this condition to give me some advise.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264583&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire