mercredi 28 août 2013

Reading is difficult to start

I used to love reading, but in recent years I have found it cumbersome.



When I am reading, I enjoy it, but I have lacked the motivation to sit down and read a book. I think it is the increase in work hours and the need to just switch my brain off that is preventing me from sitting down with a book. There is also the nihilistic thought, 'what's the point?' 'What am a I going to gain?'.



For example, I am currently reading Robert Dahls book 'On democracy'. I enjoy it when I'm reading it, I want to finish it, but the process of sitting down with something that, on the face of it, is rather dry and exercises the brain cells is difficult.



On a purely selfish point of view, where are all these girls who love people who read? There seems to be little value in it these days.



Do you see where I am coming from? Do you have the same problems? What do I do to address it?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=264456&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire