vendredi 27 septembre 2013

Homophobia in Animals

Hello,



So I have recently seen a meme running wild on facebook about how humans are the only species that shuns homosexual behavior. It should be noted that I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, I think that you get 1 life, and you should spend that life doing whatever makes you happy any chance you get. If spending that time with a person, of any sexual orientation, makes it better then rock on.



However, it got me thinking (I am not sure if this is the right area to post this under, if it's not please move it to the appropriate place), that I seem to remember watching an program on Discovery about one of the ape colonies where they had a member that was booted for not reproducing. This doesn't mean he's gay, just that he didn't want to mate with a female.



While I don't doubt that Homophobia is only realistic in humans, I am kind of curious as to why. Is it because we are the only ones with the advanced brains that we have? I've done a ton of investigoogling, but I don't seem to come up with much. I'm curious if anyone else has some insight? I only seem to find the same articles over and over again using different criteria.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=265916&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire