mardi 24 septembre 2013

Mac "Secure Empty Trash"

I have an iMac running Mountain Lion. As any Macoid knows, you can either delete something from the Trash folder the usual way, or you can use "Secure Empty Trash", which permanently removes files that cannot be recovered.



I like my Trash folder tidy, so I never have more than a dozen or so items in it. But if I use the Secure feature, it will sometimes say it's deleting nearly 5000 items, when I know I only had a few in there. I did a search on it but all I found was an old post at the Apple forum that said it has something to do with the external hard drive for back-ups.



It's not causing any problems, and it hasn't deleted anything I didn't want deleted. I'm just curious as to what's going on.



Any ideas from some fellow Mac users?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=265783&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire