samedi 28 septembre 2013

Win 7, LibreOffice, double click, and elevation error

Data first:

OS is Windows 7 Pro x64 with only one, single, 'admin' account with UAC set to max, and LibreOffice is version 4.0.5.2.



The problem:

About nine months ago, after Windows versions of LibreOffice began to be released in Microsoft installer format (.msi) rather than in .exe, I experienced the problem of facing the following error message when double clicking on an .odt file: "The requested operation requires elevation".



After a lot of research, and posting on a dedicated forum, I finally solved this problem in installing LibO via the msiexec command (with admin rights).



It worked perfectly until I upgraded to versions 4.0+ (of LibreOffice). Since then, the "elevation" error is back, no matter how I do install LibreOffice (installation via "msiexec" with admin rights should be the most powerful but repeatedly failed to overcome the problem, even after LibO profile reset).



The question:

Do you have an idea or suggestion about how to overcome this irritating problem?





PS
: Admittedly, the problem I submitted should be more relevant on a specialized, dedicated forum. In fact I already did it, in my first language, on a forum entirely dedicated to OpenOffice/LibreOffice. Unfortunately, that forum is rife with pedant and arrogant jerks who, instead of providing answers, just continue to ask questions like "How do you open the command prompt window?" (where I actually posted commented screencaps of how to open and use cmd.exe with admin rights!) I know that you JREFers are better, and that some of you are real, great geeks. I just trust you more than anyone else on the interwebz.





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=265965&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire