dimanche 27 octobre 2013

MS Word/Office alternatives

My current computer didn't come loaded with a word-processing program. I downloaded the MS "starter" program, the one that includes advertising.

So far, it's worked pretty much as it should.



However, my wife is putting together a book of her poetry, and she's been sending them to me and I copy them into the word processor and save 'em as "Word" documents.

No problems.



However, I go to start work on actually putting this together for the printer and I find that now the thing has saved all these documents as "DOCX" documents which only opens with the version of MS Office that you have to lease at 99.00 a year.



I will indicate "save as" a "word" document, and it goes into the folder as "DOCX".



I do not want to spend a hundred bucks to render these as useable....



Will one of the free, open-source programs save these as normal "word" documents....

Will they be usable by the guy at Kinko's who's going to put the thing together?



Or is there a conversion program to change the DOCX to Word?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=267640&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire