samedi 26 octobre 2013

Please tell me why "Load More" button is an improvement

So yahoo mail in the past week or so changed their email page layout. Not only is it buggy, its also confusing to figure out how to do things I usually do. Fine, I'll get used to it eventually. But what really bugs me is the display style of the email list. Before, they had a certain number of email display on a page, where you can click on a number to navigate to different sections. Now instead, they have the 'load more' style. when you scroll down to the bottom of the email list, it will automatically or by clicking the 'load more' button expand the email list. I don't understand why internet sites, like google or youtube, are using the "Load more" style for displaying things instead of page styles.



With the 'load more' style, I can no longer browse my emails any more, at least it becomes very inconvenient. I have to wait till a whole part of a email list to load before I can see emails from an earlier time. With the number style, I can skip back.

What worse is for youtube, when I browse a channel's video, it will only show a certain number of videos. The only way to display the rest of the videos is to search for them, but if I am new to a channel, I wouldn't know what to search for. So that makes a whole chunk of a channel's video inaccessible. After the implementation I have been subscribing less to new channels and spending less time on youtube in general.



So can someone please tell me why "Load More" button is an improvement.:mad:





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=267597&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire