mercredi 27 novembre 2013

Suggestions for finding Adjunct Work

After teaching for about 5 years now in a private company, I'm missing the days of "real" teaching in college and am considering going for an adjunct position. I found myself tearing up with nostalgia the other day, watching NUMB3RS I'd probably be qualified for something like a core curriculum English 1 or 2 course at this point because I haven't taught in a college at all.



I have about 12 years of experience teaching test prep type classes and I worked for a while teaching college entrance exam test prep and SAT verbal and writing test prep.



So I'm dusting off my resume and trying to give it a go for the spring semester. So any suggestions? What's the difference really between the CV and the Resume?



Any tried and true results out there? Should I try to apply at the college from where I graduated and suck up to professors there? Or is that frowned up.



Also, to apply as an Assistant Professor I'm assuming that's a highly competitive slot that requires experience.



I'm hesitating on this because I'm also loath to have to grade tons of papers. So any experiences you'd like to share would also be helpful.



Thanks in advance. :cool:





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=269284&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire