mercredi 25 décembre 2013

Got a DVD Floating Around Inside My Laptop -- OK To Wait To Fix It?

There's a DVD floating around inside my laptop. It's either on top of the DVD tray, or if the DVD tray is not fully enclosed then possibly further inside my laptop.



I'm in the middle of interviewing for a company. I had my first interview this past Monday and now I'm creating a demo Excel workbook for them. The plan is to e-mail it to the hiring manager by the end of the week and then go back for a second interview.



I don't have time for any more glitches and I only have access to one computer. So ... my plan is to delay fixing this problem until I have my second interview or at least until I have sent the hiring manager my demo.



Is that a bad idea? Is the DVD in position to do more damage? Will I end up with a completely broken laptop if I delay fixing this? :eye-poppi



As my situation is now that would not be just inconvenient but a serious disaster.



I assume the best way to fix it is to open up the bottom of the laptop, and then hopefully I'll see the DVD. FWIW, I have opened up old laptops (different models) that I've retired and just kept to play around with and get a better idea of what was under the hood, so to speak. But it's one thing to play around with a laptop that I don't need anymore vs a laptop that I can't do without...



I have a Lenovo G580. The bottom looks like this:








via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=270900&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire