dimanche 29 décembre 2013

My mom is going blind, and gets this from a relative

I know it's not going to help her. She is seeing the top doctors at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for her macular degeneration and they are doing a terrific job delaying it as much as possible.



My mother in law, also claims she has macular degeneration and she used THIS and it "cured" her. She sent this to my mom.



Now, my mother in law has her masters degree and taught high school biology for years. So, when someone with a masters degree sends this to my mom, who graduated high school (but she's pretty darn smart), she will read it. She asked me what to do.



The paper the flyer is printed on is pretty cheap. Also anything that claims to help autism sends off warning signals. But I don't know what to tell her. Also, I wonder if I can write about this or reprint it on my small blog. I am supposing I would be sued? How can I legally write about this, block out the name and address and phone number?



Plus, all I know is the warning signs. Are they doing anything legally wrong here? Or are they very careful in their wording? Or am I too ignorant myself to know if this is good or not.



I assured my mom that if this worked, Johns Hopkins would be using it. But this was also very hard on her. To be sent this, "hey look THIS would fix you up" is just cruel in this case. My mother is very active, very healthy, very bright, and losing her sight is truly an agony for her. The treatments at Hopkins include shots to the eye.



For someone with a masters degree in science to send this to her, and a family member, I want to be able to write at least about why it will not cure or perhaps even help her.



http://i.imgur.com/IazrmH6.jpg





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=271084&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire