jeudi 26 décembre 2013

Uncle died, no Will

OK folks, here are the facts:



My uncle died in LA two weeks ago. My parents and I searched his apartment for a Will but found nothing so far. May it have been overlooked? Yes.



We found many statements of investments in various credit unions and stock trading companies. We found lots of coins.



My uncle had told my mother many times, that as his relationship with his brother was horrible, he was going to leave all of his money to my sister and I.



My other uncle, had some serious emotional issues and a bad relationship with his brother, my Uncle who died.



The living Uncle borrowed money from the dead Uncle, and didn't pay it back. He did the same thing to my parents. He threatened to kill himself if my parents didn't loan him the money that he never paid back.



I found documentation of the financial disputes between my living and deceased uncles. It appears he also owed money with interest to my dead uncle.



I found a beneficiary form for one of my dead Uncle's accounts, where my living uncle and my mom were listed as the primary beneficiaries and my sister and I listed as the secondary beneficiaies. My living uncle's name had been crossed out.



We've been told that as the assets were more than $300,000, the case has to go to probate court, especially because we could not find a Will.



My living uncle didn't come to the funeral or the burial. His first email upon hearing of his brother's death, listed his issues with his brother and "Rest in Peace but I want nothing to do with any of this".



My parents have hired an estate attorney to deal with these issues, but they keep forgetting to mention important details to him, like the beneficiary form that we found and the letters detailing financial disputes.



My mother doesn't want to leave my uncle out in the cold, and I agree that we should give him something. My concern is that he would just throw it away on another financial scheme. But I can accept giving the guy $50,000 or so...but the great majority of the money should go to my sister and I, as these were my Uncles wishes.



What can I do to make sure this happens? I am thinking of flying out to California again, to search that apartment with a fine tooth comb, for that Will. It should be there somewhere, as he kept sooo many records of financial things.



What else can I do?





via JREF Forum http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=270965&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire