mercredi 29 janvier 2014

Criticize My Diet Plan

One of my goals for this year is to lose weight. I finally got around to writing up a clear and concise diet plan, and would appreciate any input that might help improve it.



If someone can think of a better name for it than the one I came up with, maybe it could become the next popular fad-diet! :)



Looking up other threads about diets on this forum, I see some mention of a 5:2 diet which I hadn't heard about before today. I suppose my diet is similar to that because it involves intermittent fasting, but unlike the 5:2 diet the fasting isn't done on fixed intervals and can (theoretically) be avoided altogether if you can get your weight down without fasting.




Quote:








The Astable Diet

In Seven Easy Steps



Step 1, Choose your desired weight



Make it reasonable, pick the highest weight at which you think you can be both happy and healthy. An unreasonable weight-loss goal can be counter-productive. Remember, you can always set it lower at a later date.



Step 2, Plan for occasional “fasting”



If you want, you can plan a true fast, where you consume little more than water. But a more healthy approach would be a semi-fast, where you consume low-calorie snacks in place of meals, such as a piece of fruit or a small tub of low-fat yoghurt.



The exact details aren't important, as long as you're consuming far fewer calories throughout the day than you normally would. Pick a type of fast that you're comfortable following. Remember, you can always change the details of the fast later.



Step 3, Prepare a digital scale for daily use



A digital scale ensures that there's no ambiguity interpreting the results. Pick a convenient place where you can leave the scale without it getting in the way, so you won’t have to make an effort to get it out and put it away every day.



Step 4, Weigh yourself each morning



Weigh yourself when you first get up each morning, before you eat or drink anything.



Step 5, Set a weekly target



Take the first morning’s scale reading and round it up to the nearest pound or half-kilogram. This is your first week’s target. Keep the most recent weekly target written down somewhere it can be seen when you weigh yourself. (Writing it on a Post-It note works well.)



Step 6, "Fast" on any day you exceed your weekly target



This step ensures you lose weight. Hopefully it’ll also encourage you to develop the habit of watching what you eat, in order to avoid having to fast all the time. Adding an exercise routine to the diet will help keep your weight down.



Step 7, Reduce your target weight each week



Until you reach your desired weight, reduce your target by one pound or half a kilogram each week. If you’re struggling with the diet, hold off from reducing the target weight until you feel you’re ready to lose more.



The diet does not end when you achieve your desired weight! The only thing that changes when you achieve your desired weight is that you no longer lower your target weight.





Personally I intend to reduce my target weight by 1kg (2.2lb) each week to begin with, because I've managed to lose weight at that rate in the past (but I didn't stick with my old weight-loss plans so ended up putting it all back on when I fell back into old habits).



But I wrote down half a kilo each week in the plan because I'll probably switch to that later when I begin to approach a more healthy weight (and it's probably a more realistic goal for most people).



The idea for this plan comes from something I once came up to keep the weight off when I got down to my desired weight. (But I never did get down to my desired weight, and so never put the plan into action.)



(Part of what spurred me to write this up now is that I got myself a new scale last week. I got tired of the old one displaying ERR because I weighed slightly too much for it to measure. But now I'm slightly under the weight that causes it to produce that error... but nevermind. I like the new one better. I don't have to slap it hard with my foot to activate it, and the backlit display is a lot easier to read.)





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1b3H8GH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire