mercredi 29 janvier 2014

Dubya the final G.O.P. president?

http://ift.tt/1n0fa0P




Quote:








<SNIP>



But perhaps Obamacare, a stagnant economy, and distrust of Big Government will be the issues that turn the electorate toward the GOP presidential candidate in 2016. At least that is the optimistic thinking among Republican leaders.



In my original piece, I reach the unhappy conclusion that President Millard Fillmore who served from 1850–1853 as the last Whig Party President might some day share a historical footnote with George W. Bush as the last presidents elected from their respective parties. That is, if current trends continue.



Meanwhile, Reince Priebus, bless his heart, had better get to work reversing these trends and dwindle down his list of 32 potential candidates and maybe even add some others, because, for the sake of this nation, the answer to my title question must be a resounding “No.”



Finally, Mr. Chairman, just for fun on my survey I wrote in Donald Trump because he has just as much chance of winning the 2016 nomination as most of the names on your list.



When I say such a thing, people say I'm delusional. But this person is a respected GOP political operative and writer. And I think she has summed up the problem the GOP has created for itself quite well.



Millard Fillmore and Dubya; bound together as footnotes in American political history. :D





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1gspIbr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire