jeudi 27 février 2014

Alone in the Universe: Why Our Planet Is Unique

I was reading another thread about exoplanets, and several posters made comments suggesting that there was almost certainly other intelligent life in the Universe.



Although I haven't researched it much, I always thought this was the general consensus amongst the scientifically minded. Reasoning provided by something like the Copernican principle and the Drake equation, and variations thereof.



I recently finished reading "Galaxies: a very short introduction" by John Gribbin. It was an excellent read, one of the better of the 50 or so popular science books I've read in the past couple years.



I looked online to see what other books he has written, and came across the book in the thread title:

Alone in the Universe: Why Our Planet Is Unique.

I haven't read the book, only the Amazon reviews :) - but it got me wondering about my previous confidence in the likelihood of extraterrestrial intelligent life.



I'd love to hear from some of the more scientifically edumacated on the state of current thinking on this from within the scientific community.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1pyUnFC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire