jeudi 27 février 2014

Frontline: Secrets of the Vatican

Frontline this week had an excellent expose on the Vatican - Secrets of the Vatican (http://ift.tt/JUEfuK). I'm wondering what other thought. I think for

me one of the takeaways was how much control the Vatican Curia exercised despite the Pope technically being an absolute monarch. Overall, it really provides a glimpse

into the greed and power of he Catholic church. The portion on the sex scandals in the Milwaukee Archdiocese is particularly damning. The victims not only endured the horror of the abuse but it sounds like the catholic church continues avoid any and all responsibility and operates in a vein to protect its assets. Most of this is not surprising to me. I grew up in an ultra Catholic family (although I'm feeling much better now thank you ;) ).



I know my family members who are still ultra catholic would just dismiss the whole show as "sensationalism" if they bothered to watch.



Do you think the Catholic church is even capable of changing? (I do not think so)





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1pyUoJW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire