samedi 22 février 2014

Question: Best way to scan and assess putative transcription factors?

So I'm looking for a better tool to assess potential transcription factors along a 19 MB genome. One is gal4-like and the other is a GATA-type.



I can't assume obligate homodimerization (afaik) as I don't have good homology past the respective zinc fingers.



What I'm currently using is Geneious R6, I've automatically annotated potential sites (Went with CCG-N10-GGC for the gal4-like as N11 had no matches and A/T-GATA-A/G for the gata-like).



I'm running these as inverse, too, which might not be correct, I suppose, though since these are cis-acting my guess is that genes transcribed in the "opposite" direction would have a correspondingly inverted UAS.



I'm manually going through the genome where there are hits (just ctrl+finding) and if there is one hit upstream of a gene within 1 kb I write that down and I note the number of binding sites. I'll likely leave all the single hits alone and just focus on proximate multiple hits. I also reject binding sites within coding regions for the time being.



This actually won't take forever, I'm just wondering if there's an easier way.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1hbAkc4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire