samedi 29 mars 2014

Tales of govt policies `over the top`

I just heard on the radio, that in Canada, their radio stations are ordered by law, to play so many Canadian artists music. Really!.

.

The other day a tenant who lived in Germany said that they have to go outside on Sundays and sweep! I`m not kidding! She said it is absolutely gorgeous there. Everything is neat as a pin there...unlike here, she said, where you see garbage and liter strewn about.

I told her that just one thing...let alone some of the other stuff she told me...i would not want to live there no matter how paradise looking it is. Nobody is telling me when i have to go outside and sweep! I`d rather live in filth.

I told her that where i used to live, i could virtually do anything i wanted. I could drink and drive, smoke anywhere, play music as loud as i wanted, go to the toilet outside, not mow my grass if i wanted to, burn stuff, etc.

.

Anyway, just hearing those couple of wacky things got me thinking that perhaps these and many other countries might have laws on their books that might make people in the US cringe.

Then again, maybe the US has some laws that would make citizens of some other countries cringe over.

One of our laws that we have, at least where i live, in the US, that bugs me is that we cant burn our leaves.

Another thing that bugs me is certain rental houses get inspected, but not all. And personal residences are not inspected unless there is a complaint, which is totally unfair, as enemies of people will call, the inspectors come, then that person may be ordered to make $hundreds or $thousands of dollars in repairs.

.

Anyway, i`d like to hear others here vent. Or tell tales of how certain laws are in some of the foreign countries you either live in or have visited.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/QqnUVl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire