mercredi 30 avril 2014

Electriciy from manure

How much electricity can you produce from a small amount of manure?



I've recently been watching some old episodes of "The Good Life", a BBC sitcom about a couple who decide to go self sufficient and live off the land from their home in the suburbs.



I've just watched the episode where they get their power disconnected and start producing enough electricity to run a few lights and a freezer from the methane created from manure provided by their livestock; two pigs, a goat, and a dozen chickens.



I can't help but think that this can't be anywhere near enough manure to do the job.



Can anyone knowledgeable about this tell me if it actually is a realistic setup or just complete... manure?



I found a clip from the episode on YouTube. The explanation of the setup begins around 4:30...













YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the JREF. The JREF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE






via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1kgxDoe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire