samedi 26 avril 2014

Handedness and life expectancy -- do lefties die younger?

So this morning my wife was watching something on TV and something about handedness came up. I casually mentioned to her that left-handed people don't live as long as right-handed people. Have you heard this (supposed) fact? Then I immediately had a moment of doubt, and did a little Googling to confirm whether or not what I had just told her was indeed true.



According to this article, it is a myth, but I'm not 100% convinced by their arguments. There were studies done that found this result. They criticize the methods, but they do not try to do another study to get better results, and I'm not even sure their critique is completely correct.



Is there any good research on this question?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/RWeTnu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire