dimanche 27 avril 2014

Well, have you actually read it?

You don't have to convince me of the power of literacy. In my life I've profited from being literate, and even enjoyed the odd book for recreation. I currently have a reading list that I'm making my way through, albeit slowly, due to other demands of life.



However, I was given a copy of Darwin's Black Box. I don't intend to read it. For that matter, except for the odd quoted passage, I don't ever intend to read Darwin directly! There has been enough reporting on the Dover court case, that I don't really feel the need to come further up to speed. But somebody may ask me, "Well, have you actually read it?" For me, reading either of those wouldn't add much.



In general, and perhaps for yourself, where does the utility of reading things for oneself, in an unconquerable universe of books, lead to diminishing returns?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1j5I2WT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire