mardi 29 avril 2014

When Is Rape Rape?

This is a subject of a debate I had here on campus today during a social justice fair. When is rape rape? According to her it's anytime a woman doesn't specifically say "Yes" to sex with a man, which causes me to question the information she received during a class about women's rights.



My objection is raised because two important facts.


  1. Not all rapists are men.

  2. Not all victims are women.




So here is the scenario I gave her, in these specific words:

You (the woman in question) and I met at a party for a mutual friend, being held because it's their birthday or they're retiring or for whatever reason. We decide to get together at your place at your suggestion and we have consensual sex after you said yes. The day after you have regrets and accuse me of rape. Is it rape or buyers remorse? Did I really do something worth destroying my life, career, and reputation over? When is rape rape?

What is this madness? Do men now need to go around with consent forms just to cover their asses?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1hNZjUn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire