lundi 26 mai 2014

Cloth moth problem

I need help good folks of the forum. Op's feel free to move the thread to a more suitable place if required.



I've got an infestation of clothe moths. They are everywhere. I think it's because we didn't have much of a winter this year all it did was rain so I wasn't able to have a few days where I turned the heating off and opened the windows on freezing cold days to get rid of things like this.



I've got pheromone traps out and they are catching quite a few. I (well let's face it, my girlfriend has made me) have been vacuuming a lot more and shifting the large cabinets around and I even find their eggs under the cabinets - how they manage to lift 100kg to lay eggs is unknown. A few weeks later I move the cabinets again and there are still more of the little bleeders. I'm being eaten out of house and home.



So, using Google, I've seen:

spray lavender around (I suppose it'll make the smell nice, can't see it killing them);

keep vacuuming - I'm doing that;

split conkers (horse chestnut seeds) and leave them lying around;

camphor moth balls in your wardrobe - reputedly will kill them (I don't want to walk around smelling like an old granny and I can't find any in the usual hardware shops round here);

Put all your clothes into a chest freezer for a week - I don't have one



The flat is rented so unfortunately I am stuck with carpets.



Anyone have any ideas? Today I've resorted to air spraying permethrin (fly and wasp killer) which I don't want to do because it means I am probably getting some too.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1w9bh16

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire