vendredi 30 mai 2014

Was Joey Barton rude about UKIP/ugly women/women?

Joey Barton, an English soccer player with a controversial past, last night likened UKIP (recently successful anti-immigration political party) on a political question and answer show to the least ugly girl out of four (the others being the three main parties of British politics). You can see the clip here




Quote:








Describing UKIP as the "best of a bad bunch", he added: "So if I am somewhere and there were four really ugly girls, I'm thinking, 'Well, she's not the worst', because that is all you are, that is all you are to us."



Ms Bours, a former actress in West End musicals who is now an MEP for the North West of England, accused Mr Barton of "ignorance" and having his "brains in his feet".



An audience member later confronted him about his remark. saying: "I was with you in some of the things you said (but) I think the analogy you made of four ugly girls, that's going to be on Twitter tonight and tomorrow, you'll be buried for it."



Mr Barton replied: "I do apologise - I couldn't think of a better one, this is the first time I have ever done it.



"As Louise rightly pointed out my brains are in my feet, which is an equally offensive statement. Maybe I was a little bit nervous, I apologise."



I am not entirely sure whether an apology was necessary. Perhaps someone might explain.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1k7lZBl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire