dimanche 22 juin 2014

How much does the average British school student know about the American Revolution?

Ever since playing Assassin's Creed III, and pondering what sort of kerfuffle would happen if The Doctor were to meet George Washington on Doctor Who, my curiosity has gotten the better of me.



For those of you posters who are British, how much did you know about the American Revolution as you grew up? It came up once a year in my very American grade school, but by the time I got to Middle School I learned details that were increasingly objective.



I was in 8th Grade when I discovered only 40% of the colonial population was pro-secession, with another 40% Loyalist and another 20% neutral, and it was around then, in a Dilbert strip, that I learned our Founding Fathers (tm) were slave owners.



Anyone in posting from Britain learn differently growing up?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1ptk0pN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire