samedi 21 juin 2014

Skeptic-based Bigfoot documentary?

I've been passively involved with Bigfootery for a few years now as a skeptic. Quite frankly the whole sub-culture is fascinating and there's a lot of mythos surrounding the non-existent creature.



I'm a budding filmmaker based in Vermont (if the name didn't clue you in), and I've been giving some thought to developing a small documentary on Bigfoot in New England. My brother, an artist in New York, has been involved in the New York Bigfoot scene for a while. He essentially draws sketches of what people describe, and it seems that there's a strong "presence" in the Whitehall region of New York.



One thing I find fascinating is the ability of "researchers" to ascribe personality details and lifestyle habits of said fictional creature. We've never found a body or even a live one, but that doesn't stop the die-hards. Sure, we can attribute personalities and histories to fictional characters like Batman and even dragons, but the difference is that (mostly) everyone agrees that neither actually exist.



My idea is fairly simple: Interview Bigfoot researchers and witnesses and compile a documentary based around that, with minimal rehashing of old, tired arguments. No derision of witnesses or making fun of them, just factual information. I admit that I'm biased about the existence of the creature, but I would find it fascinating to get first-hand accounts, without the spin or color of a vested interest involved.



What do ya'll think?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1nsVv9D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire