lundi 23 juin 2014

Tired of the Ironic Macho-isms

I'm really getting annoyed with all the macho nonsense I see associated with a religion that doesn't even condone this sort of attitude. Case in point:

Attachment 31169



I know that the posting (on FB) was by a Christian... but I would think that the "marine" in question was a devotee of Mars or something. Christianity quite frankly does not condone this sort of behavior. The religion itself says "turn the other cheek" rather than "punch people in the face when you don't like what they said."



I'm flabbergasted by irony.



...not that I've ever known a professor that ever acted in such a way to begin with. The whole "atheistic professor" meme itself is getting rather tiresome. Weirdly, the Philosophy professor (best fit for the meme) that made the best case for God not making any sense in any class I had was himself a Christian and dealt mostly with the philosophy of religion (a.k.a. Theology) classes in the department. I don't mean he said stupid things... what he said was more like: "I know it doesn't make any sense at all (and here's why), but I believe anyway. It's all about faith, and has nothing to do with knowledge."




Attached Images





File Type: jpg MBS.jpg (50.9 KB)







via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1yFktLR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire