lundi 23 juin 2014

Why I am dropping Comcast as my ISP

For over a year Comcast has been my internet provider. I do not have a TV or cable or home phone -- it is Internet only. A little over month ago Comcast offered a special deal which added HBO GO to my Internet service for a few extra dollars. For a month I enjoyed the offerings of HBO online. Last week I was unable to access it. Here is the transcript of my chat with their "support":



user MARK has entered room



analyst May has entered room



May: Hello MARK_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is May. Please give me one moment to review your information.



May: It's a privilege to have you here on chat and I am looking forward to provide you excellent service! I hope you are having a great day! You can call me May. How can I help you today?



MARK_: My Issue: I added HBO GO to my account approximately a month ago but as of today I cannot access it and it doesn't appear on my services. Can we rectify this?



May: Hello Mark!



MARK_: This is for the internet-only HBO GO



May: I do understand you are not able to access the HBO, and would like to confirm if that includes in your package, is that correct?



MARK_: It is, yes. I added it approximately one month ago



MARK_: However now when I look at my account page, it does not list HBO GO and I cannot access it



May: I see.



May: I will be happy to check that out for you.



May: Please allow me 3 to 4 minutes to pull up your account so I will be able to provide the appropriate information and resolution to your concern, will that be fine?



MARK_: this is the error message I receive



MARK_: Sorry, there was an error loading this page. Your account has not been charged. Click here to see exclusive deals for XFINITY customers...



MARK_: of course



MARK_: thank you



May: I see.



May: Thank you for waiting.



MARK_: Hello



May: I do apologized for taking more time than usual. Would you mind waiting for another 3-4 minutes while I finish?



MARK_: Of course



MARK_: it is fine



May: Thank you.



May: Thank you for waiting.



MARK_: Did you find anything interesting?



May: Mark , I had double checked it , upon checking I see theat you had signed for internet only.



MARK_: No, I added HBO GO a month ago



May: Sorry for the typo, I had double checked it , upon checking I see that you had signed for internet only.



MARK_: Seriously. I spent two hours on tech support having it added.



MARK_: No, really. I added HBO GO.



May: I see.



May: Let me check the notes.



May: Thank you for waiting.



May: Do you have a cable service before?



MARK_: Not TV, and I do not intend to add TV. This was the internet-only HBO GO, and that is all I want.



May: I do apologized , I do see that you were only given a temporary pass at the time , that is the reason you were able to access it .



MARK_: I subscribed!



MARK_: This makes me upset.



MARK_: I requested that my account be upgraded to include the internet-only HBO. I was told that it was a done deal.



May: I do understand how this may upset you , Let me check further on the updates.



May: Please allow me another 3 mintues to research that .



MARK_: OK



May: Thank you.



MARK_: Does the internet + HBO GO package no longer exist?



May: Thank you for waiting.



May: Upon checking , the HBO Go is only available once you subscribed to it. You will need to have a cable TV.



MARK_: I was told that it was available as internet-only



May: I do apologized if you were misinformed about it. I had researhed it already.



MARK_: When did this change?



May: There was no recent change about that.



MARK_: I was told this by Comcast, to be precise.



MARK_: When I subscribed to HBO GO.



MARK_: About a month ago.



MARK_: Please review the notes in detail.



May: As I had said you were only given a temporary pass to access HBO last month but not actually subscribed to it.



MARK_: That was misrepresented to me. I was told I had cable modem + HBO.



MARK_: This is not a good business practice.



May: Which is for your internet.



MARK_: Yes. Just internet. I DO NOT WANT cable.



MARK_: Are you telling me I was lied to?



May: And we do not offer HBO with just internet service, HBO goes with a Cable TV service.



May: You were only given a temporarily pass to access the HBO at the time.



MARK_: http://ift.tt/1j6rL1a



MARK_: This.



May: I do apologized , I am unable to access it.



May: I do apologized , I am unable to access it.



MARK_: Internet plus. This is what I was given on the phone. I have difficulty believing this is the first time you have encountered this.



MARK_: I was lied to.



May: I will transfer you to the Sales Department to confirm the package you are referring to. They will be able to answers your inquiry about the package you are seeing.



MARK_: Really. this is unacceptable.



May: I do apologized , you are connected to the Internet Troubleshooting Department, Allow me to transfer you so that they will be able to answer all enquiries about the promotion you are referring to.



MARK_: Mmmmm.



May: Please stay online while I get hold of my colleague from Sales Department.You might see me leave the room, but no worries, my colleague will be with you shortly. Please do not close this chat for you to stay connected.Thank you for contacting Comcast Chat Support.



May: Please hold on.



MARK_: ok



MARK_: http://ift.tt/1fqBFcf



May: Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst



Waiting for response from May



MARK_: My Issue: I added HBO GO to my account approximately a month ago but as of today I cannot access it and it doesn't appear on my services. Can we rectify this?



Waiting for response from Sachin



user MARK has entered room



analyst Sachin has entered room



Sachin: You have reached Sales Department and I will be assisting you with your concern for today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to review your conversation with the previous representative. This will give me a better understanding of the issue at hand so that we can resolve it in the most efficient way possible. Will that be okay?



MARK_: ok



Sachin: Thank you for waiting. How are you doing today Mark?



MARK_: I am rather upset about my HBO deception, to be perfectly honest.



Sachin: I am really very sorry to hear that, however do not worry at all i'll go ahead and take care of you now. Will that be okay?



Sachin: Let met just check if I got your concern correctly. You've mentioned that you cannot excess HBO go and it does not even appear on the screen. Is that correct?



MARK_: Depends on the outcome, I guess



MARK_: Yes



Sachin: Thank you for the confirmation!!



Sachin: Just allow me a minute or two to pull up your account details and then i'll go ahead and check what best I can do for you. Will that be okay?



MARK_: ok



Sachin: I have successfully pulled up your account details and I can see that you are using Performance Internet package. Is that correct?



MARK_: What does that entail?



MARK_: I requested Internet plus, which includes HBO GO. This is all I want.



MARK_: The semantics are unimportant.



Sachin: Not to worry, let me go ahead and check for the Internet Plus deal in your area. Please stay connected while I am working on your account.



MARK_: ok



Sachin: Great news, Mark.



MARK_: o rly?



Sachin: I have found Internet plus deal in your area and now I am going ahead to add it in your account.



MARK_: How much will it cost in total?



Sachin: The Internet plus deal is for $69.95/mo [Edit: That was indeed the cost of the package after I added HBO GO]



MARK_: Why was it removed from my account in the first place?



MARK_: Excellent. Please add the internet plus. HOW LONG does this last?



Sachin: Mark, we are very sorry for the inconvenience you have faced because of us.



Sachin: Sure, that would be great.



Sachin: Please stay connected while I am working on your account.



MARK_: Please let me know the exact terms of the contract -- number of months.



Sachin: Mark this is the best of the package that there is no contract involved in, that means you can anytime change or cancel your services for any reason.



Sachin: Mark, I have successfully added your desired deal in your account however I have also added the self installation kit for the cable box.



MARK_: I have expressly stated that I do not want cable. NO NO NO CABLE. Just Internet plus HBO GO.



MARK_: I am asking for Internet plus, which is what I signed up for, and the number of months it is available. These are very concrete requests.



MARK_: Internet plus is cable modem plus HBO GO. No cable TV, no cable box.



MARK_: There is not room for chicanery here.



Sachin: Mark, without the cable service you will not be able to watch the HBO go and in the Internet Plus deal includes the cable and internet service.



MARK_: Then I was lied to and you did not review the data I sent the previous technician. Comcast has a high-speed internet + HBO GO (and GO only, not tv) package that I was sold.



MARK_: I do not want cable tv. Do not want.



Sachin: I am sorry Mark, but it will only be available with cable service, without that it can't be done.



MARK_: Did you actually review the case notes from my previous conversations with Comcast agents?



MARK_: Can I have the $69.95 price, never pick up the box that I DO NOT WANT, and still have HBO GO?



Sachin: Yes, I have reviewed that , the last rep just transferred the chat.



MARK_: ... and never actually activate the cable tv that I DO NOT WANT?



Sachin: He is from trouble shooting department.



MARK_: "May" is a "he" from "trouble shooting department"?



Sachin: I can provide you $69.95 price for Internet plus.



MARK_: OK. Done. I will not pick up box and DO NOT WANT CABLE. OK. This will give me Internet plus HBO GO. But for how long and starting when?



Sachin: We have to send you Self installation kit for the cable box.



Sachin: Else your cable will not work.



MARK_: We don't care about cable. We care about HBO GO on the internet.



Sachin: Because we do not see any box in your account.



MARK_: Yep. No box. Please understand I am not 79 years old and do not care about cable. I care about Internet.



Sachin: But there is no big deal in that I will send you Self installation free of cost.



MARK_: And it will sit in closet unopened because I HAVE NO TEE VEE. I have computer.



Sachin: Because than if your cable will not work you need to chat back again and you need to spend another 15-20 minutes on chat.



MARK_: OK. Send box I do not want. I do not care. Can I access HBO GO on computer? That is what I care about. Seriously.



Sachin: I want to help you out here and understand that you want only HBO Go.



MARK_: THAT IS ALL I WANT. HONESTLY. THIS IS NOT SO HARD.



Sachin: The box is free and self installation is also free frop you.



MARK_: Do not care. Want HBO GO.



MARK_: Is HBO GO included? Do not be a trickster.



Sachin: Leave it on me, I will make sure that you will get HBO Go.



Sachin: Yes.



MARK_: OK. As of today?



Sachin: For that you need to call at 1855-423-988 and talk to our activation team.



MARK_: Why, when we are having this conversation? HOOK ME UP



Sachin: Or you can walk up to our nearby local office to activate it today , i will provide you pickup.



MARK_: GIVE ME THE SWEET NECTAR OF THE HBO GO



MARK_: I do not care about the box. I care about the Go. What is the holdup?>



MARK_: Seriously, box is irrelevant. GO is what I care about, and I care about it today.



Sachin: Mark I can surely understand that however without the cable box you will not be able to watch the HBO go.



MARK_: Do you understand the difference between HBO and HBO GO? GO is delivered through a browser, not the box. Box is for mere HBO, which comes to a TV, which I do not use.



MARK_: If my account has go, I can watch HBO immediately on my computer, which I do use and in fact am using now and is what I care about.



MARK_: If you do not understand the distinction between the two services, may I speak with someone who does?



Sachin: No problem I have my supervisor who have more information about this and may assist you better.



Sachin: Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst



Waiting for response from Sachin



user MARK has entered room



analyst Rajesh has entered room



MARK_: My Issue: I added HBO GO to my account approximately a month ago but as of today I cannot access it and it doesn't appear on my services. Can we rectify this?



Rajesh: Hi, My name is Rajesh. I am the supervisor in the shift.



MARK_: OK.



Rajesh: Mark, If i am correct you want to add HBO Go in your account?



MARK_: Yes. That is all I want. It was on my account, it was removed without asking me, and I want it back. I never wanted it removed. I do not want cable tv.



Rajesh: I am sorry but without cable service you will not able to see HBO Go in the account.



MARK_: Can I have cable, never hook it to the tv and just access the HBO GO via internet as I had been doing (and want to do)?



MARK_: Or do I need to switch to Verizon?



Rajesh: I have read the chat and agent provided you correct information and details about that.



Rajesh: Once your can add it in your account you can access the HBO Go online .



MARK_: OK. I want the GO and I would like it added back immediately. If you must send the box, woo hoo, feel free, but it doesn't matter in terms of my utilization.



Rajesh: But you will get the cable box throung shipping that will take 3-5 business days or you can pick it from local office to activate right away.



MARK_: Please just make the change to my account and I will "deal" with the "box."



Rajesh: Okay, I will do that.



MARK_: For one month I was accessing HBO GO on the Internet without any box. So I know it is technically possible



Rajesh: It will be done and you can check that in next 5 minutes.



MARK_: Awesome



Rajesh: Because may be at that time cable was there in your account.



MARK_: I will check the HBO GO website



Rajesh: Thank you.



MARK_: It is not accessible yet



Rajesh: Is there anything else I may assist you with?



MARK_: Please stay online until I successfully access HBO GO



Rajesh: No, it will not be activated right away, you need to call at 1855-423-988 for activation.



MARK_: Then what did you mean by saying "you can check that in next 5 minutes"?



MARK_: By the way, 1855-423-988 is not a valid number.



MARK_: I think you missed a digit



Rajesh: That is because you said you can deal with box.



Rajesh: Because we need to send you self installation kit atht will reach you within 3-5 business days.



Rajesh: That is why I asked you to call at activation team.



Rajesh: 1855-423-9888



MARK_: So what is the correct number?



Rajesh: 1855-423-9888*



MARK_: I am calling it now



MARK_: "For native, press 2. For porting press 1. For agreement with no CDD press 3." What does it mean?



Rajesh: OKAy.



MARK_: That's what I got



Rajesh: Please try 1800-652-3446.



Rajesh: Please call.



MARK_: I am calling



MARK_: I got disconnected



MARK_: Again



Rajesh: Can You check if you access HBO go now.



MARK_: Hold on...



MARK_: No, I still do not



MARK_: I called 800-652-3446 twice. Both times I pressed 2 for technical support, and immediately got disconnected



Rajesh: That is the activation number.



MARK_: Well, it does not seem to work



Rajesh: It can only be activated from calling that number.



Rajesh: Rest everything is done from our end.



MARK_: It says "Press 1 to order Comcast. Press 2 for billing and technical support"



MARK_: I press 2 and lose the call. Three times now



MARK_: Should I press 1?



MARK_: And now I am getting "All our agents are currently assisting other customers"



Rajesh: You can try and can we end this chat now?



MARK_: I think your customer service is woefully inadequate, and I should switch to a different provider. Which I most assured will if I do not have HBO GO by tomorrow.



Rajesh: Mark, I have added the package and done the needful for you.



Rajesh: Thank you.



Rajesh: Is there anything else I may assist you with?



MARK_: Apparently not. Good bye.



Rajesh: It was a pleasure assisting and chatting with you today! Have a great day and thank you for choosing Comcast. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-877-870-4310 or visit us at www.comcast.net for technical support. We appreciate your business!



The analyst has left and your issue has been closed.



Rajesh: Analyst has closed chat and left the room



Needless to say, I still do not have HBO GO, and I am switching to Verizon. And yes, Verizon does offer HBO GO as part of their package.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1puEQW0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire