jeudi 24 juillet 2014

How do I close the "MyEbay" Page?

I very rarely use Ebay, (it's at least a year since I last looked there), but today I received an email saying they were hacked, please change "My Ebay" password.

So, I checked it wasn't a spoof mail and changed the password.

Then I tried to log off.

I couldn't.

I can't find any way to do so except to close the page - using the "X" at the right hand side.



I'd usually expect to log out of a password protected site by a clear and obvious route - like a big, bright button that reads "Log Out".

My expectation would be that this ends a secure HTTPS connection tidily and securely, whereas just closing the page is like landing a Cessna by killing the engine while still in the air. It might glide just fine. Or, it might not.



Of course, a button that reads "Log Out" might look just like an "X", but I sort of got the feeling there probably was a proper log-off control somewhere, but they preferred that I didn't find it easily- in which case they succeeded, but made it even less likely I will go back.



So-

Is there a "proper" way to log off from "My Ebay"?

and

Does it matter from the security POV if I just log off from (say) my bank by simply pulling the power cable out of the computer?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1tFFLFn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire