mercredi 30 juillet 2014

When do I die? Is there a Scientific definition yet?

I am not sure if this should be in philosophy or science section.





I would define death as Higher-Brain Death. Link



(http://ift.tt/1pG31iN





But I also think that personality and memories and lots more criteria make me who I am. How do I incorporate memory personality and higher brain death etc. into one definition of death?



Each time I change does it result in death?



How is Discontinuity different than the term death?



How is Change different than discontinuity?



If you have no continuity every time you change do you die?





If there is no Cartesian theatre does that have any effect on death?



If bundle theory is true do I die every time I change? Are bundle theory and ego theory coherent theories?



Do I survive the thought experiments below?







Phineas gage brain damage







Fusion and fission







Cryonics







Teleportation







Personality wipe







Low iq human with intelligence of a bird.







Lose and gain parts







Parts replaced with computer chip neuron one at a time.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1kmEymo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire