samedi 23 août 2014

**** OFF, infinite scroll!

I miss the days of having pages where you could navigate via "First < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last" buttons. Some even have a little drop-down box where you can type in a number and it'll take you to that page. Nowadays people have decided that people use the internet on their phones and, furthermore, that people using phones cannot press buttons to navigate and instead want to scroll.



This need not necessarily be a problem (I've got used to Flickr now, for example), but it can be a massive pain in the hole. I've just discovered a tumblr which annotates screencaps of a show I've recently got in to. It's very, very funny and I want to start from the beginning. Unfortunately that means I have to go to the archive page and scroll all the way down to the bottom, rather than actually being able to navigate right to the beginning. The show's been on since June 2010, and each scroll to the bottom of the page covers 2 months, then there's a huge pause while the next 2 months loads.



Oh for a "last" button.



Mumble, grumble, grumble, moan.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1myBz5N

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire