mercredi 27 août 2014

Solar panel question

I'm probably going to have to build a garage.



My current garage is a converted chicken coop/granary, and it's showing every minute of its hundred and ten years.



I know exactly what I want as far as size, flooring, etc. goes, but the thought ran through my mind that this would be a great opportunity to put our deadbeat Sun to work for Howie.



Would it be economically viable to mount some solar panels on the roof to run (or help run) things like battery chargers, ventilation fans, parts washer etc.? I have at least two twelve volt batteries charging pretty much all the time, and I thought it might be cool to keep them running for free (or close to free). There will be a refrigerator, too. Any chance of keeping my beer cold using the Sun? Could solar power keep my drill batteries charged, so I can make holes in things without paying The Man? How about in-floor heating? Can that be solar powered? I don't want to do all these things at the same time, it's just a three car garage, not a football field sized building, but are any of them worth trying?



When (if) you answer, please assume that I don't know anything about solar energy, because I don't.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1lxbr0o

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire