dimanche 24 août 2014

Throw away Religion

I sincerely seek the opinions of thoughtful people as opposed to harmful labels re those in history who were totally committed (so it seems) to religious principals but still could do horrific things in their daily lives. I'm not asking for redneck or Nazi jokes but serious consideration of the position such men as Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and many devoutly religious Germans during WW2. Is religion a convenient mantle as long as it pays off? In case of the Germans, I know for a fact good decent ones were around. Jefferson was a man of conscience but still...It baffles me and I grew up in a background of racism.. One difference for me was I had never met a black person and slowly over the years I have peeled back the layers of lies as I have gotten to know black people. Its a terrible waste of talent and humanity.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1wojCjW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire