dimanche 31 août 2014

Thunderbird Help

Can anybody help me configure Thunderbird? The one I have is the Mac version 31.0, but I assume all the latest versions on other OSs should work the same.



I want to minimize the local disk space it uses, but I want to keep all my emails on the remote server. It seems it can only do the other way around (keep everything local, and delete on the remote server), or I am overlooking something.



I'm looking at the "Synchronization & Storage" options right now. Under "Disk Space", there are two blocks. The first one refers to Synchronization, and I have set it up to only synchronize the most recent 30 Days. That's fine. I want it that way, but I also want it to delete older messages on my local drive, but keep them on the remote server. The email providers nowadays provide vastly more disk space than I ever need, and I do not want to let that offering go to waste. The email accounts are not important enough to me to keep local copies, but important enough that I want to keep a certain safeguard to access them if the need arises.



So the second block should take of that, but it says: "To recover disk space, old messages can be permanently deleted, both local copies and originals on the remote server." It keeps everything synchronized, but only allows the local copy to be the important one. It won't allow to turn it around. Or am I missing something?



The iPad Mail works exactly as I want it. Alas, the Apple Mail on Mavericks has some serious bugs working with large IMAP/Gmail accounts, so I switched.



If Thunderbird doesn't allow this configuration, does anybody know of another email client that would allow this? I could always use the browser interface, of course, but I have a few email accounts, and checking them all with the browser is not completely user friendly. I like the convenience of a client that is setup for all accounts.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1vAvMFa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire