mardi 23 septembre 2014

Audio enhancers for PC?

The only option I currently have for listening to music is my desktop PC, which needless to say is less than ideal as far as sound quality goes. But I make the best of it.



Anyway, I don't know if it's just nerves (got terrible nerves, mind's always looking for new annoyances to stress over) or my imagination or what, but lately the sound quality has just seemed worse. It hasn't actually changed, I'm just noticing it more. And it's driving me nuts. It just sounds thin somehow.



So I've been googling around and I've heard about these "audio enhancement" software plug-ins. DFX seems to be the one that gets mentioned the most, but I tried it and couldn't hear any improvement. The bass was boosted, but at the expense of the rest of the tracks - in a very big way. So I uninstalled it.



Does anyone know if there's anything to these plug-ins, or is my whole quest a fool's errand until such a time as I can buy better hard equipment? If there IS any merit to them, can anyone recommend a good one?



Thanks for your time, and apologies for my sad dearth of knowledge.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1xb0Jk6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire