mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Hornets

We've been having problems with hornets in and around the house for the last few weeks and I was starting to suspect a nest in the roof. So an hour ago I head in to the bedroom to try and get some much needed sleep and there's a dozen of the monsters buzzing at our bedroom window trying to get out. I open the windows and shoo them out.



I suspected they were coming in through our wardrobe. I only recently "created" the bedroom out of a smaller room and 2 old closets and the new wardrobe isn't yet finished and still has a couple of gaps in to the roof. Lo and behold there's a few more crawling there way through a gap.



I get some spray and spray the hole so I can try and stop them coming through while I fill it with expanding foam. More than dozen more come buzzing out and have neurological fits on my floor.



So now the hole is filled but I can still hear some buzzing in the roof space. It's in an area that's hard to access, being the far corner from the access hatch and above a second story.



I'm thinking I should just leave them be, but worried they may decide to eat through my wardrobe ceiling when it's done or get up to some other mischief. Anyone with any experience?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1vagIf8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire