samedi 27 septembre 2014

Winows Tech Security calling. Something is wrong with your computer

Good afternoon.

I assume I'm not the only person to get these calls. I haven't received one in years but in the past month I have received several. It goes something like this...



Caller : Good afternoon sir. I'm calling from Windows Tech department. Your computer has been sending us error messages over the Internet. You seem to have malicious software installed on your machine and it could be causing damage to you hard drive.



Then they offer to help fix your problem but they will need access to your machine.

I would like to think most people just hang up, but I guess they get enough people who let them in. My sister almost did the other day. I overheard her on the phone and took over. I like to waste as much time as I can with them. (Just like 419 emails)

Yesterday I had a call go on for well over an hour. So farI have never had one verify I have a Windows box in the house until I mess with them. I admit I lead them on and sound very excited that they called and if they can check my computer maybe they can check out the computers at my company. I tell them I have hundreds of computers.

I was wondering what is the end game in this? Are they stealing information?

Planting virus? What's up?





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/103F3Zg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire