jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Acceleration and escape velocity

Bear with me, this takes a bit of set up. At work we were discussing old movies and someone mentioned "The Mouse that Roared" and someone mentioned the sequel "Mouse on the Moon". I was thinking about that movie and I had actually read the book. The book gives an explanation of how the Fenwick rocket works in that it does not go very fast to start but it has a constant acceleration. This is how they explained away the need for special couches to handle the G's.



So my question is, would that actually work? Could you have an initial low velocity, low acceleration and as long as it's constant you could eventually get to the moon?



IANAP, I only took high school physics and that was many years ago, so be gentle.





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1tn6xmQ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire