samedi 25 octobre 2014

New nickname: iSKEP?

I used to be able to reference the forum name in 4 letters. I'd like to have better "branding" on the name of the new site. For years now I have been telling people about a site on the Internet where personal attacks are taboo, people are called on their flaws in logic and evidence-based arguments are respected. In my limited experience I can identify 3 kinds of forums:



- those that quickly devolve into personal insults

- those with such a benign culture that moderators aren't needed

- those so tightly monitored that dissent is instantly quashed



My search is by no means exhaustive, but still, a forum with a culture of civility, fairly lightly moderation and a strong bias toward evidence-based argument is such a rare bird that I frequently mention its existence to friends. ISKEP, iSkep, I-SKEP would all be convenient brand names.



Googling these I do find unrelated items - INSKEP is a word in Afrikaans, ISKEP is someone's online user name - so I'm not wed to these suggestions. However a short, phonetic nickname would help the new brand, IMO.





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1uWeddF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire