vendredi 24 octobre 2014

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

A while back I posted that I was looking for a replacement for my 16 gig iPad. Although the Apple product had functioned very well, but it was almost "full" and was starting to get a bit wonky.

The larger capacity iPad is pricey....



So after researching I went with the Samsung. 300 bucks from Amazon, and 30 bucks more for a 64 gig Mini SD card for a total capacity that's pretty impressive for about half the price of the next-up iPad.



So far, so good. Although the display is not rated as being as sharp as the Apple product, it certainly looks good enough to me. Videos and display are sharp and crisp.

The operating system is slightly different than the iPad but I've had no trouble transitioning; it's more like a desktop running Windows.



I painlessly transferred my iTunes music collection with a little app called "iSyncr". So far, all the apps I've installed from the "play store" have worked as expected.

I understand that the camera is not rated very highly.... But I rarely use the tablet to take pics.... The iPhone does a better job if I don't have my DSLR. However, it certainly takes adequate snapshots.



One plus is that wireless connectivity is superior to the iPad. There were quite a few complaints about the iPad when it came out.... And with this I am able to pick up many more networks and weaker networks here at the university (we have dozens....) than I ever was with the ipad.



Battery life seems excellent.... I can easily get through a typical 8-hour shift without going below about 40%.

It does help to keep the brightness turned down a tad.



So... For those looking for a nice tablet and not wanting to drop the bucks for the Apple.... This appears to be a good alternative.



I can't comment on playing games on the thing.... I have never found a tablet game i like.





via International Skeptics Forum http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284636&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire