mercredi 24 décembre 2014

Alzheimers, ketones and coconuts

My father is slowly withering away in Alzheimer's disease, and while he has been somewhat responsive to the drugs he is prescribed, it's simply slightly slowing the process. Yesterday, my mother presented me with a few copied pages from a book by Bruce Fife about the effects of coconut oil in treating Alzheimers. I had heard something about this in the past, but to me it sounded like a "miracle cure".



The research I've found online says that it's scientifically unproven, could have unknown or unanticipated side effects, but also that some have reported that it has improved a patient's cognitive abilities. Hence, I'm looking for testimonials.



For my mother, this is a straw to grasp on. I'm considering just letting it be. Should I?





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1Eh4b0S

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire