lundi 22 décembre 2014

Smart Gun Symposium

There will be a Smart Gun Symposium in Seattle on January 28th. http://ift.tt/1wg1vq8



It's on a weekday 10:30-2:30, so I guess it is not aimed at working class people. I wrote to the organizer expressing my desire to attend and asked if I would be allowed to address the panel. I got a reply which seemed to be something of a blow-off.




Quote:








If you could provide some insight on your background and experience with the topic, I could propose it to our planning committee?



I guess the people paying $45 to listen to the panel will have to keep quiet. Would be nice if I actually got a direct answer to my question though.



Senator Loretta Weinberg is supposed to be present. I really hope she isn't there to hold up the NJ law requiring smart guns to be sold when they are available as a good example of promoting them. If the technology is rejected by the police and military or is not good enough for them, the little people are going to reject it for the most part also. The point these people are missing is that they need to encourage gun owners to accept personalized gun tech, not have it forced upon them.



There is a link to a blog here; http://ift.tt/1xGcYWw "...2003 New Jersey law mandating all firearms sold in the state be smart guns..."

They could do themselves a favor by being factual instead of making stuff up. I mean the NJ law requiring that personalized guns be sold to some and leaving others exempt is not that hard to understand.



Just as I favor universal bkgd checks, I would like to own a personalized firearm. I'd like to see the tech good enough to be adopted by the police and military first though. Nothing makes a gun sell like being used by our military.



Ranb





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1xGewju

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire