lundi 29 décembre 2014

What is the best way to improve posture?

I'm roughly middle aged, pretty healthy and fit, but unless I am making a conscious effort I slouch. If I catch myself and try to straighten out, it feels somewhat unnatural to be telling myself, "Chin up, shoulders back, etc."



I want to improve my posture for several reasons. The physical effort involved helps tone core muscles and I'd like to be stronger. Also, I want to project more confidence and authority.



Meanwhile I habitually have a clenched jaw and I'd like to lose that habit. Again, if I'm conscious of it I can counteract it, but it's easy to forget.



In my old career being cynical and brusque was fine, even an asset. But now I work with kids, who respond to a calm, in-charge persona.



For about 7 years I couldn't stand looking at pictures of myself. I feel better about my face after a procedure this summer. That also forced me to stop smoking. And, my voice is milder. Could be I'm on a roll.



So: posture. Has anyone tried to alter their own? Does anyone have any tips? Should I walk around with a book on my head?





via International Skeptics Forum http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286911&goto=newpost

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire