lundi 26 janvier 2015

External Drive - Files System changed to RAW

I have an external hard drive that can't be read and shows as File System = RAW under Disk Management when it should be NTFS. There is nothing vital on it but it would be nice to be able to recover the data.



I've done some Googling and it seems likely that the partition information has been lost. I've tried a couple of recommended programs, Recuva & Easus Partition Recovery without success. I've seen the suggestion to reformat the drive and then let a file recovery program try to get back the files. I'm willing to try that but not until I've exhausted other possibilities. It's not worth using a recovery service but I would pay up to $50 for software if it had a good chance to work. Anyone have any suggestions?



This is on Win 8.1 system but I do have access to Win 7, XP & Mac OS X 10.7.5 systems. By coincidence I have a blank hard drive arriving today or tomorrow that is larger than the one in question, if that could help in any way. I'm thinking if I have to go the reformat route that I might take a disk image before hand, if possible.





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1ylASBj

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire