samedi 24 janvier 2015

How to turn off auto-fill-in?

Not sure exactly what you call it. When I start typing in any kind of webpage box, like the "Title" box of this message, my computer pops up another little box with suggested words that covers anything just above the box where I'm typing.



I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard on a Kindle Fire HD.



The suggestions are from things I've typed previously that are usually completely irrelevant, like when I typed the "H" of "How" it immediately suggested "Hello," the subject of an introductory message I'd posted on another forum.



It's very annoying because the suggestions are not only irrelevant, their little box sometimes covers things I need to read. But how do I turn it off?



I've tried using the pull-down menu from the top of the screen, settings>keyboard and playing with everything there, and I've turned all the auto-correct things to "off," but I can't find anything there that works.



Note this is not the on-screen suggestions that appear above the on-screen keyboard. These are suggestions in a box above any fill-in box on a web page.



Any ideas how to turn it off?





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1ydFWaC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire